Request Money feature is a convenient way to ask for fund from your friends, family and other people you know and trust. With the feature, you can request, receive and send money with almost anyone registered into IME Pay.
About Request Money Feature
How it works?
Choose a contact
Request, receive and send money in minutes with your trusted IME Pay friends.
Enter a amount
Confirm the amount and add purpose of the request.
Request the payment
Once confirmed your friend will received the notification with instructions to send the money.
Find answer to your frequently asked questions.
How do I request money with IME Pay?
- Choose a contact: Go to the Request Money menu located at the top menu bar on your homepage. To add a recipient, first, sync your contact book with IME Pay. Syncing your contact will enlist all your friends registered with IME Pay. If your recipient is already in your list of recipients, select their name to continue.
- Enter the amount and purpose of your request: Enter the amount you want to request along with the purpose for it. Purpose to request money is mandatory. Next, select Request
- Review and confirm: Name of the request recipient with the requested amount will be displayed. After you send request, you’ll get a confirmation screen with the details of your screen.
- Request Recipient is notified: Request recipient will be notified by In-app notification with the details of your request and instructions on how to send money.
Who can I request money with?
You can request money with almost anyone using IME Pay. However, you should request money from people you know and trust, such as friends and family. Check with your recipient to ensure their correct mobile phone number is registered with IME Pay so they can receive notification of your request.
Can I make a group request?
Yes, you can certainly create a group of friends and request money with each of your friends. With this feature, you can split the money between multiple people and send a request individually. Follow the steps to create group requests:
- Go to Request Money at the top menu bar.
- Tap Create a group request.
- Choose contacts.
- Enter the amount.
- Tap Request.
Is there a fee if I Request Money?
Currently, IME Pay does not charge a fee for this service.
How much money can I request and send with IME Pay?
- Request limits: We do not limit how much money you can request from your friends/ family. However, the sender may be subject to limits on how much they can send you, based on the policies of IME Pay.
- Sending limits: For your security, we restrict the amount of money you can send your friends/family. The amounts you can send will vary based on your wallet account type. As per the directives from NRB, you can send maximum of Rs. 500 for unverified customer and Rs 15,000 for verified customers respectively.
How do I cancel a request?
- Go to Request Activity from More section
- Choose the transaction and view the details
- Tap on Cancel request button
How do I accept the requests from my friends & family?
You will receive In-app notification for every request sent by your friends. Drag the notification and tap on Accept button. Next, enter your wallet PIN and confirm the request.
What if I miss the In-app notification? How will I send the requested money?
In case you miss the In-app notification, tap on Notification menu and go to My Message section. The list of your request will appear here. Tap on View Details and see the detail of the request received. The detail page includes action to Accept and Reject the request. Accepting the request will debit your wallet balance and credit your friends (requestor) wallet balance.
Additionally, you can send requested money to your friends by visiting Request History located at the Profile page. Request History entails all your received requests as well as sent requests. From Received Request Tab, tap on request with pending status. Tap on Accept button and enter 4-digit wallet PIN to send money.
Requestor will be notified about the transaction via In-app notification
What do I do if my requestor never received my payment?
If your requestor did not receive your payment, make sure the mobile number you used to send money to your requestor is associated with your requestor’s IME Pay profile.
You can also check the payment status in your Request Activity. For additional help, you can call IME Pay support center at 16600161616, 01-4217600.